This page is just a place to put random technical notes relating to the system originally installed by Smart House and later re-branded as Kristil. Most of this information relates to the system as installed between 1998 and about 2005. Much of this information is still valid.
Early version switches used a OTP (one time programmable) MC68HC11E9CFN2 micro. This required a new chip installed to update the firmware. Later versions used the MC68HC11F1 with external FLASH and RAM memory; allowing firmware upgrades of
The switch configuration is stored in EEPROM memory within the HC11. Active status and control variables are in RAM.
- Hold all 4 buttons and apply power to restore EEPROM default settings.
This example network message ( 00-07-10-C4-02-6C-0E-57-00 ) is smart-switch #10 sending a 7 byte broadcast message to all on the network, that writes data 0E to address 6C0E (or 0E6C). This is the current outside light level being sent to all switches on the network and repeats about every minute.
- Packets must have the following format: T B F D . . . . . D C C
- T = to address (00 = broadcast, FF = master #1, FE = none yet)
- B = byte count (inc. T, B, F & D, but not C C)
- F = from address
- D = data bytes (12 bytes maximum)
- C = 16 bit Check Sum (calculated as packets are transmitted and received)
Messages – Commands
Command – Address – Rx/Tx – Data bytes – Action/Comments
- B0 NODE RX 3 request send data block
- C1 NODE RX ?? accept data block (inc address etc)
- C2 NODE RX 3 bit set, address, mask
- C3 NODE RX 3 bit clear, address, mask
- C4 NODE RX 3 byte save, address, mask
- C5 NODE RX 2 run code from address ??
- C6 NODE RX 3 turn circuit on
- C7 NODE RX 3 turn circuit off
- D0 NODE RX 0 request status
- D2 NODE TX 4 accept data (reply to D0)
- D3 NODE TX 8 accept data (reply to D1)
- E0 NODE RX 8 accept this full address ??
- E1 NODE RX 1 accept this node address ??
- F0 00/NODE RX 2 go quiet for ???? cycles
- F1 NODE RX 0 take possession of network token
- F2 NODE RX 0 surrender token
Sample messages recorded
00-07-10-C4-02-6C-35-7E-00 : light level ??