This is a low voltage detector for 12V battery monitoring. When the applied nominal 12V supply drops below the trip set-point, the relay changes state. This can be used to switch off equipment or trigger an alarm etc. when the battery voltages drops too low.
The DIP-Switches set the trip voltage within the range 9.8 volts and 14 volts. The LED indicates normal operation and a low voltage tripped state.
Mounting: Typically using industrial grade double sided sticky foam: see notes below.
Default DIP-Switch setting = 3, 5 and 8 on. This provides a low voltage trip at approximately 11.2V and a restore from trip at 12.5V. This would suit most 12V battery systems.
- micro-controller based
- supply voltage: 8 to 15V DC
- supply current: 50mA (22mA Typical)
- response time: approx 2 seconds (depends on voltage swing)
- reverse polarity protected
- output relay: isolated changeover contacts
- output relay: 50V AC/DC, 1A
- Relay energized when voltage normal (not tripped)